There are so many little tips and tricks that you can implement into your big day to make it that much easier, here we share 12 of our favourite wedding day tips that we share with all of our couples to ensure their day, is the best day ever!
1. Get your engagement ring cleaned the day before your wedding.
2. Create a #hashtag for guests to use at your wedding to upload & tag all of their pictures.
3. Take a moment at your head table to simply observe your family and friends, it might just be a highlight of your night.
4. Guests remember two things the most from weddings – the food and the music. Send them home with good memories.
5. It’s your wedding, not theirs. Be courteous but don’t try to please everyone.
6. Fun fact: One of the easiest ways to pee in a wedding dress is to sit on the toilet backward facing the wall.
7. Don’t wear a bra the morning of your wedding. It will leave marks on your back and shoulders that will be visible in photos.
8. On your RSVP cards (or wedding website), put a line for a requested song. This way you will know what your guests want to hear and they will get excited when their song comes on!
9. When you get your wedding dress altered, make sure you can sit in it before they make the dress smaller.
10. Splurge on a new perfume – it’s a great way to capture the day’s memories. Every time you smell the fragrance, your mind will go to that special day.
11. Prepare an epic getting ready playlist you can play while you’re getting ready on your big day.
12. Don’t forget to eat – sounds silly, we know but having someone in charge of making sure you get some food in your belly is always a good idea.
Chris & Amber are a travelling Husband and Wife wedding and elopement photography team based out of Halifax, Nova Scotia also serving Toronto, Montreal, Banff & beyond.